We had my stepkids and grandchildren over the other night for dinner. I had a large head and a small head of cauliflower in the fridge so for something different, I decided to make mashed cauliflower as one of the veggies with dinner. The recipe that I followed ended up close to this:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ⅓ cup cream
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Steam cauliflower and garlic until tender.
- Mash cooked cauliflower and garlic.
- Add cream, oil, butter, salt and pepper.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
While it does look like mashed potatoes, do not think that it tastes like mashed potatoes. They definitely still taste like cauliflower. Even though I mashed them completely until they looked like mashed potatoes, the texture while eating was still a bit different as well.
Overall, very delicious and I will be making them again.
Post a Comment